TURNER Lands #3 Spot On OUTSIDE Magazine’s “50 Best Places to Work in 2022” List
TURNER celebrated its 25th year in 2022, and I can’t think of a better way to keep the toasts going than earning the #3 spot in OUTSIDE Magazine’s Best Places to Work.
While a lot has changed in the quarter-century since I founded the company, what hasn’t changed is my love of travel and the outdoors, the strength of our TURNER team and our commitment to our clients. Authenticity with the brands we represent is vital to our jobs so we’re pretty lucky that part of our ‘work’ includes exploring the outdoors while we test gear and apparel, immersing ourselves in a variety of domestic and international destinations and indulging in our love of food, culture, wine, spirits and adventure. It’s our collective passion for living the lifestyles we represent that unites us.
And while there are plenty of perks that come along with what we do, for me it’s always been about the people. I’m proud of the amazing people who show up to work every day and give 100 percent to deliver extraordinary results for our clients. And I’m even more proud that they’re great and kind humans who care. This is what makes us a Best Place To Work. This is what continues to sustain me as we toast to our 25th mile marker.
There are a lot of good reasons that TURNER has continued to climb towards the top in OUTSIDE’s rankings. Here are just a few of them.
- Endless Summer Fridays – We like to kick off our weekend adventures in the great outdoors a little early year-round.
- TURNER U – Our professional development program keeps us up on the latest industry trends, cutting-edge tools and more. Oh, and occasionally, we just learn about wine.
- TURNER Ignite – Every team member has the ability to receive a stipend toward personal or professional development experiences that support growth in their role.
- Recess – Work and play become one and the same in the hands of TURNER’s recess committee, focusing on employee connection and engagement. From trivia contests to yoga sessions, happy hours to group meditations, this team makes sure we step away from our laptops for wellness breaks. We also always have stocked wine fridges and our local craft beer kegerator ready to go.
- Paid Volunteer Days – It’s in our DNA to give back. We organize group volunteer outings and each employee receives three paid volunteer days each year.
- Amazing Clients – We represent all the places you want to go, and the items you’d pack for your journey. Just take a look at our roster – travel and lifestyle.
- Dog-Friendly Offices – we don’t leave our four-legged friends at home. Yes, we do have an internal Hive channel devoted entirely to dogs.
- Generous PTO and Parental Leave — 25 days of PTO to start, unlimited PTO after 10 years, plus our offices are closed between Christmas and the New Year.
- Mental Health Support: From complimentary Calm App subscription to access to Ginger (a mobile app that provides text-based mental wellness coaching at any time), we know that self-care counts.
The complete list of OUTSIDE’s Best Places to Work winners is available at OutsideOnline.com.