4 Wellness Cocktails You Have To Try
What’s better than a cocktail after a long day? A cocktail that’s actually good for you. That’s right, wellness-focused cocktails are all the rage these days. They deliver refreshment and all kinds of health benefits. See below for just a few wellness cocktails you have to try. And if you want to kick it up a notch, we’ve included the best tropical locales to enjoy these libations.
Cucumber is high in nutrients, contains antioxidants, promotes hydration, aids in weight loss, and is great for skin care. So, the refreshing Cucumber Martini cocktail is the perfect indulgence for any health-conscious drinker.
- Ingredients: 1.5 oz Bombay Sapphire Gin, 1.5 oz. fresh cucumber, and 2 fresh lime wedges.
- Enjoy it at: Royal Hideaway Playacar – Located in Playa del Carmen, the all-inclusive, adults-only Royal Hideaway Playacar is a AAA Four-Diamond resort and member of The Leading Hotels of the World.
Beets are a very nutritious vegetable low in calories. They’re a great source of fiber, folate and Vitamin C. This superfood also contains nitrates and pigments. Also, both lower blood pressure and improve athletic performance.
- Ingredients: 1.5 oz Tequila Reposado, 1 oz. Orange liquor, .5 oz. freshly squeezed lemon juice, Agave and fresh beetroot.
- Enjoy it at: Occidental Costa Cancun – This all inclusive Cancun resort faces the Caribbean Sea on the island’s famous Boulevard Kukulcán. It delivers maximum relaxation in a unique environment.
What better way of getting your daily dose of fruits than in a delicious cocktail? Gondo fruit is a local berry that grows primarily in the mountains of Puerto Vallarta. Mexico’s indigenous people rave about it for its ability to heal coughs and liver problems. Additionally, Gondo leaf tea has proven to inhibit cancer of the liver and given to those recovering from Hepatitis B.
- Ingredients: Gondo fruit (a local berry that grows primarily in the mountains of Puerto Vallarta), Salt & Chili Powder, 1.5 oz Cointreau, 1.5 oz Silver Tequila, 1 oz Orange Juice and ice.
- Enjoy it at: Barceló Puerto Vallarta – Located south of Puerto Vallarta, the all-inclusive AAA Four-Diamond Barceló Puerto Vallarta is surrounded by mountain and ocean views.
Avocados are well known as the “healthy fat” super food. But did you know that they contain more potassium than bananas and are loaded with fiber? Even more, avocados in your diet can help aid in lowering cholesterol, improve vision and overall eye health, prevent cancer, relieve arthritis pain and much more!
- Ingredients: 3.5 oz ice cubes, 3.5 oz Tequila reposado 100 años, 1 avocado, peeled, pitted & chopped, 2.5 oz Triple-Sec or Cointreau, 1 oz fresh lime juice, .5 oz syrup, lime wedge, a pinch of peppermint, and salt or chili-lime seasoning (for glass rim)
- Enjoy it at: Occidental Cozumel – The all-inclusive Occidental Cozumel is perfectly integrated into its natural surroundings of mangroves, white sand beaches and tropical gardens.