Essential Travel Industry Webinars To Help Navigate The COVID-19 Era
Learning is a lifelong process. And in changing times, it’s essential to stay on top of the latest developments and trends – especially when there are new developments and trends emerging on a daily basis. Since the Coronavirus outbreak this spring, travel industry webinars have been an invaluable resource, helping travel pros uncover ways to navigate the uncharted territory we all find ourselves in.
With conferences and events canceled (or moved into the virtual space) this summer, these online educational presentations are a lifeline and a way to move forward. By studying from home today, we can acquire necessary tools for tomorrow. Here are just a handful of travel industry webinars worth your time and our takeaways on them.
How to Use TikTok for Business
As we’ve noted recently, TikTok is having a moment in 2020. The video-sharing platform isn’t just for Gen-Z anymore. That’s why it’s essential that brands get on board with TikTok. This free 35-minute video from Later is a handy TikTok 101 crash course—from how to create viral videos to understanding the platform’s powerful algorithm.
- TURNER Takeaway: TikTok is a platform that all brand should be exploring — especially the travel industry. But TikTok success is not as simple as buying ads and waiting for consumers to find you. Discover why DMOs should care about TikTok.
Healing Solutions For Tourism
The World Tourism Organization received over 1,000 applications from over 100 countries for the Healing Solutions for Tourism Challenge. The WTO launched the challenge to identify the most disruptive startups, entrepreneurs and drive solutions to mitigate COVID-19’s impact on tourism. Now, you can check out the best, most innovative, most disruptive ideas.
- TURNER Takeaway: Innovative Hand In Scan technology could be the gold standard for hygiene practices in the tourism world. The scanner is streamlined, straightforward and reliable.
Assessing Uncertainty Through Safety: New Guidance For The Travel Industry
This US Travel Association webinar provides an in-depth look at the rapidly changing health and safety standards that will face destinations, hotels and attractions as a result of the COVID-19 pandemic. It’ll give you direct guidance when it comes to the COVID-19 threat as well prep you for any future threats that may arise.
- TURNER Takeaway: Touchless solutions are going to be a necessary part of virtually every travel experience going forward, both as a way to limit the spread of disease and to put travelers’ minds at ease.
Brand Building and Social Communication in a Time of Crisis
Crisis communications is big in 2020 – with good reason. The social media landscape makes dealing with uncomfortable issues even more sensitive. Hootsuite’s Nick Martin has tips for brands to find their footing in this uncertain time. At the end, you’ll have a roadmap for adjusting your social strategy in the coming months. One of the best recent travel industry webinars.
- TURNER Takeaway: Social media marketing budgets are going to take a hit in the upcoming months. But spending (and strategizing) smartly will pay off in a major way for brands across all industries.
Confronting Coronavirus: What’s Next?
The Hospitality Sales and Marketing Association International (HSMAI) takes a deep dive into how the Coronavirus crisis is impacting the hospitality world in these free, multi-part travel industry webinars. Led by Bob Gilbert, HSMAI’s President & CEO, each episode is packed with insight and tips from industry experts for what you should be doing now — and what you should be doing next.
- TURNER Takeaway: Even in the midst of rapidly changing times, it’s vital to stay on brand with your messaging. Sensitive and consistent messaging and tactics will ensure that consumers remain confident and optimistic about your offerings.
For TURNER insight in your inbox every Wednesday, sign up for the Weekly Download.