Why Tabacón Thermal Resort and Spa Is 2020’s Ultimate Wellness Travel Destination
The wellness travel market is booming. Experts forecast it to grow by as much as 7.5 percent yearly to reach $919 billion by 2022. With 2020 around the corner, “new year, new me” will soon be top-of-mind. And there’s no better place to kick-off those goals than in Costa Rica. It’s not only one of the happiest places in the world. It’s also one of the top 10 wellness travel destinations in the world – and Tabacón Thermal Resort and Spa is one of the main reasons.
Tabacón is set on more than 900 acres of lush tropical reserve and is home to Costa Rica’s largest network of naturally flowing hot springs, which makes it the perfect wellness travel destination year-round. Here are the many ways guests can experience and achieve wellness during and after their stay:
Relax Your Mind + Improve Circulation in the Thermal Rivers and Pools
The thermal water flows throughout the resort, forming the Tabacón River, where dozens of cascading waterfalls and warm pools along the riverbed that have been heated underground by the Arenal Volcano’s magma to varying temperatures of 72-105 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Mineral Content and Hydrotherapy: Tabacón’s water has been blessed with the perfect combination of high volume and a medicinal mineral content – and it doesn’t smell like sulfur! This natural hydrotherapy is a surefire way to achieve proper relaxation, by increasing blood circulation and oxygen flow with hydrostatic pressure.
- Relax Your Mind: Even the water in the rooms from the sink, shower and tub comes from the natural hot springs. Studies show that people who bathe in hot water are more relaxed, sleep more soundly and have lower levels of stress.
Promote Restful Sleep, Harmonize Your Chakra + Aid Digestion at the Spa at Tabacón
The Spa at Tabacón is not your typical hotel spa. Memorable spa treatments are rendered in outdoors bungalows tucked away among the trees, gardens and natural hot springs.
- Holistic Wellness Treatments: Tabacón offers a number of Holistic Wellness Treatments including an Ayurvedic massage, that relieves mental tension, muscle and anxiety, revitalizing the mind; and the Shirodhara treatment, meaning “head” and “flow,” clams nerves, reduces anxiety, promotes sleep and fights headaches, using a technique characterized by the gentle fall of warm oil over the “third eye” or sixth chakra.
- After-Spa Smoothie: After your spa experience, you’re presented with a freshly blended smoothie, that’s made especially for the treatment received. There are smoothies made with pears and oranges, for rejuvenation; pineapple and mango smoothies to help with digestion, and a strawberry tomato smoothie to help with circulation, for example.
Improve Your Mental Health in the Rainforest
Treat yourself to “forest bathing” in Costa Rica’s lush rainforest with a mindful walk or hike under the canopy of trees and be one with nature.
- La Fortuna Waterfall – Not far from the resort is the magnificent La Fortuna Waterfall, where you can hike down to the waterfall. It takes about 20 minutes to hike to the bottom, and even just the 20 minutes of savoring the sights, sounds, and smells of nature and letting the forest in, helps counter illnesses including depression, anxiety and stress. Make sure to bring a swim suit so you can bathe at the base of the falls in the emerald green pool.
- Open-Air Yoga Studio – Guests become one with nature in the open-air yoga studio. Located in the heart of the rainforest, the studio is a bungalow, sheltered by a palm thatched roof and caña brava (a local wild shrub similar to bamboo), and a floor made of local hardwoods.
With world-class spa treatments, rejuvenating natural hot springs, outdoor adventure, Tabacón Thermal Resort and Spa takes wellness travel and wellbeing to a higher level. It’s the ideal destination to reboot and fully recharge in 2020.