Turner PR

NOW HIRING: Earned Media Specialist (NYC)

Turner Earned Media Specialist

TURNER is seeking an earned media powerhouse with a passion for storytelling and media relations for the industries we serve. Candidates must have 3-5 years of media relations experience with demonstrated results.

Learn more and apply

You’ll join a team of creative experts, and be responsible for driving results through strategic planning, creative storytelling and ongoing earned media. This role will be expected to own, build and maintain existing relationships with relevant media.

Looking for tips on how to stand out from the pack? TURNER VP Campbell Levy just shared some pointers

Responsibilities

  • Maintain and develop strong relationships with top tier national travel, lifestyle, fashion and business media
  • Contribute 75 percent of time to media relations and pitching to maximize client coverage; remaining 25 percent to be dedicated to client support and account needs
  • Build/edit relevant media lists in our shared CRM; facilitate developing new information and freelancer contributors to our network
  • Identify emerging media platforms and outlets; develop a strategy for securing earned media share of voice for the brands we work with in these new spaces
  • Contribute to the development of integrated communications strategies, PR plans, and big thinking for clients in a creative and thoughtful manner
  • Assist in managing junior staffers media relations efforts, including editing pitch lists and written materials as needed
  • Understand and prioritize the objectives of each client; anticipates needs in advance
  • Entertain media on a weekly/monthly basis with hosted meals, fitness classes, etc. to ensure we are building new and strengthened existing key relationships that ultimately convert into coverage (Virtual or IRL as appropriate/safe)
  • Voraciously consume all relevant (and even non-relevant) media, maintaining constant awareness of industry trends, cultural currents, media moments and the competitive landscape

Qualifications

  • 3-5 years of marketing and communications experience
  • Proven ability to secure consistent, high-quality media coverage with solid media relationships. Ideally, demonstrated results across print and broadcast, with stories that are consumer and business/branding
  • Agency experience preferred in the travel, lifestyle, fashion or consumer goods industries
  • Comfort and familiarity in social and online media is a must
  • Vested interest in the cultural conversation, including trends, influencers and the media landscape
  • Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
  • Strong attention to detail with the ability to perform well in a fast-paced environment
  • Positive, solution-oriented thinking
  • Proficiency using Cision/Cisionpoint, Muck Rack, or similar
  • Bachelor’s degree in communications, journalism, public relations, English, marketing or a related field

Learn more and apply

SHARE:

Archives