NOW HIRING: Earned Media Specialist
TURNER is seeking an earned media powerhouse with a passion for storytelling and media relations for the industries we serve. Candidates must have 6+ years of media relations experience. In this role, you’ll join a team of creative experts, and drive results through strategic planning, creative storytelling and ongoing earned media. You will build, maintain and own relationships with relevant media and collaborate with teams across the agency to deliver compelling brand and business stories.
- Support the design and execution of agency-wide communications strategy.
- Maintain and develop strong relationships with top-tier national media across platforms; get ahead of coverage opportunities.
- Continually seek and create opportunities to place stories in all types of media, from print and digital to broadcast, podcast and custom publishing; experience crafting a strategy for e-commerce earned pitching tied to affiliate programs.
- Working with teams, develop earned media strategies for planned campaigns, real-time news events, and news engine programs to ensure ongoing, positive coverage. Lead creative brainstorms as needed.
- Understand clients’ business objectives and dive into data and business developments to find newsworthy threads.
- Build/edit relevant media lists in our shared CRM; facilitate developing new information and freelancer contributors to our network, with a keen eye on ensuring diverse voices are engaged in outreach.
- Collaborate with teams to successfully manage complex, fast-paced and unexpected communications challenges.
- Assist in managing junior staffers media relations efforts, including editing pitch lists and written materials as needed.
- Understand and prioritize the objectives of each client; help define KPIs for earned media programs and ensure that those building reports are accurately and properly tracking all earned media programs.
- Assist the team in creating compelling engagement programs for media, tailored to the budgets and needs of each brand. A virtual fitness class or other e-learning; or a stand-out IRL event series.
- Voraciously consume all relevant (and even non-relevant) media, maintaining constant awareness of industry trends, cultural currents, media moments and the competitive landscape
Our Ideal Candidate
- 5 years of experience in a role focused on earned media outreach, with majority of efforts in outbound media relations
- Proven ability to secure consistent, high-quality media coverage. Ideally, depth placing consumer stories that highlight brand, business and thought leadership.
- Agency experience preferred in the travel, lifestyle, wellness, fashion or consumer goods industries
- Comfort and familiarity in social and online media
- Vested interest in the cultural conversation, including trends, influencers and the media landscape
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
- A natural collaborator, as this position sits at the intersection of the company and work across teams
- Strong attention to detail with the ability to perform well in a fast-paced environment
- Positive, solution-oriented, creative thinking
- Proficiency using Cision/Cisionpoint, Muck Rack, or similar
- Bachelor’s degree in communications, journalism, public relations, English, marketing or a related field
It Would Be Dreamy If You Have:
- Experience negotiating earned media with production fees or within paid narrative spaces
- A strong desire to wax on about the intersection of social and earned media; the ability to strategically explain how a brand can leverage earned media across their own channels