NOW HIRING: Account Executive, Lifestyle
TURNER is looking for an account executive to join our lifestyle team in our New York office. This AE role will help support the agency’s ever-growing roster of streetwear, sports and fashion apparel and accessory accounts.
You will be responsible for driving results through daily media relations and pitching, working primarily with our clients in the streetwear, activewear and retail categories. Leveraging our team of PR pros and creative thinkers, you’ll will maintain existing and grow new relationships with relevant media, stylists and influencers. This is an exciting growth opportunity for a driven, self-starter with strong media relations skills, a fluency in the social and digital landscape, and a proactive, go-getter mindset ready to jump right in.
- Oversee development of media relations strategies and pitch calendars
- Maintain strong relationships with top tier national/local media & influencers within the following channels: streetwear, fashion, lifestyle, national news, business and trade
- Contribute 75 percent of time to media/influencer relations and pitching to maximize coverage & meet client KPIs
- Entertain media & influencers on a weekly/monthly basis with hosted meals, fitness classes, etc. to ensure we are building new and strengthened existing key relationships – that ultimately convert into coverage
- Oversee and assist junior staff with monthly reporting needs per account
- Develop and execute ongoing seeding/gifting programs to media, celebrities, stylists and influencers
- Write client collateral, which includes but is not limited to: press releases, media alerts, pitches, bios and fact sheets
- Work with your account team to develop PR plans, strategy and big thinking ideas for clients
- Understand and prioritize the objectives of each client; anticipate needs in advance
- Contribute to client relations via email, meetings, conference calls, events and general contact
- Voraciously consume all relevant (and even non-relevant) media, maintaining constant awareness of industry trends, cultural currents, media moments and the competitive landscape
Our Ideal Candidate:
- At least 3 years of public relations experience – agency experience preferred in fashion, retail or streetwear
- Voraciously consumes all relevant (and even non-relevant) media, maintaining constant awareness of industry trends, cultural currents, media moments and the competitive landscape.
- Proven ability to secure consistent, high-quality media coverage with solid media relationships
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
- Experience managing at least 1-2 team members (interns count)
- Strong attention to detail with the ability to perform well and multi-task in a fast-paced environment
- Understands and uses social media on a regular basis
- Results-driven with a focus on delivering excellent client service
- Bonus: Proficiency using Cision, TrendKite, PR Newswire, Keynote and MS applications, and/or similar reporting systems
For immediate consideration for this position, please submit your resume, cover letter and any other information you think would be helpful. Please, no phone calls.