Plan the Ultimate Florida Staycation
Florida residents are lucky. They live in a place that people travel from all over the world to experience. But even Floridians need a vacation from time to time – even if they won’t have to travel far for it. Here are just a few options for an exceptional Florida staycation.
South Walton is Florida’s best kept secret. Located on the sparkling Gulf Coast, the destination features 16 beach towns, each with its own feel and distinct architecture. South Walton offers white sand beaches that rival the Caribbean, and delicious Southern Coastal Cuisine. There’s also a wealth of outdoor adventure (including extremely rare Coastal Dune Lakes, only found in far corners of the earth) and a rich artists community. This year, a South Walton escape is even easier. Allegiant Airlines, American Airlines, Southwest Airlines and United Airlines have unveiled an expanded selection of direct flights to the destination.
- Florida Staycation Experience: South Walton welcomed the Underwater Museum of Art (UMA) in summer 2018. The country’s first permanent underwater sculpture museum, it features seven original works of art that act as artificial reef systems for wildlife.
Hilton Miami Downtown
Hilton Miami Downtown is located in the heart of Miami’s Performing Arts District – home to the city’s best dining, shopping, attractions and events. Just five miles from Miami International Airport, the hotel conveniently places guests in the center of it all. Surrounded by panoramic views of Biscayne Bay and the city skyline, guests of the newly-renovated Hilton Downtown Miami will enjoy a world-class experience in stylish and contemporary surroundings.
- Florida Staycation Experience: August kicks off two months of Miami Spice, when a wide variety of restaurants in all corners of the destination offer special three-course, prix-fixe menus featuring their tastiest dishes at marked down prices (lunch/brunch $23, dinner $39). Hilton Miami Downtown’s Brisa Bistro will be participating in this year’s edition of Miami Spice.
Kimpton Vero Beach Hotel & Spa
Kimpton Vero Beach Hotel & Spa is your tropical second home and escape in the “Hamptons of Florida.” Centered on Florida’s Treasure Coast, this vibrant community offers endless activities both on and off its famed Atlantic coast. The British Colonial décor, reminiscent of the days of West Indies exploration, is familiar and comforting. It imparts luxury amidst an exotic atmosphere, both grounding and enlivening.
- Florida Staycation Experience: Vero Beach turns 100 years young in October 2019 and will be hosting year-long celebrations leading up to the Vero Beach Centennial. From live music shows to delicious local restaurants, to stunning art displays at the Vero Beach Museum of Art, discover this Treasure Coast gem.
Kimpton Surfcomber Hotel
Kimpton Surfcomber Hotel sits on the Atlantic Ocean’s edge along 200 feet of oceanfront property in the heart of South Beach’s Art Deco District on historic Collins Avenue. With direct beach access, the fully renovated hotel offers visitors a distinctively relaxed, yet worldly guest experience, within a “backyard bliss” design-driven environment.
- Florida Staycation Experience: The hotel’s DAYLIFE program ranges from family fun activities to adult wellness/fitness and entertainment options. Try a scavenger hunt that’s fun for all ages. Get physical with your family. Complete a challenging circuit that combines various exercises like dance, pilates, kickboxing and yoga. Or, give aquacycling a try: stationary bikes are placed in a pool and you pedal against the water resistance. An amazing workout!
Kimpton EPIC Hotel
Kimpton EPIC Hotel combines the style of a cosmopolitan boutique hotel with the amenities of a resort to create a sophisticated oasis for guests amidst the energy and pulse of Miami. Located on the Miami River and Biscayne Bay, EPIC’s 411 rooms and suites feature artful design by Cheryl Rowley. The furnishings convey an understated sense of cool and private balconies that provide inspiring views of the city and bay.
- Florida Staycation Experience: The hotel’s ZUMA is an internationally acclaimed restaurant. Here, you’ll enjoy a sophisticated cuisine philosophy inspired by the informal Japanese dining style called Izakaya.