Building Influence With CorePower Yoga
In an increasingly crowded wellness space, CorePower Yoga found itself competing for share of voice with other studio fitness chains and independent studios, not to mention a wide array of related clothing, accessories, and products.
TURNER was tasked with creating an influencer program that met both social as well as larger marketing goals for CorePower Yoga, including:
- Promoting membership and studio visits
- Growing and engaging new audiences
- Supporting initiatives (new studios, events, teacher training)
- Collecting high-quality assets for use on CorePower Yoga’s channels
WHAT WE DID
TURNER customized a tiered program of macro, mega and micro influencers to execute goals based on strengths in reach, relevance and resonance. Our “always on” program included 12-13 different influencers each quarter to maximize reach while retaining authenticity and relevancy that shorter partnerships do not offer.
In addition, we created two campaigns in order to expose new audiences to CorePower Yoga: #Yoginner and Culinary.
- #Yoginners focused on influencers with great reach in relevant verticals who had not embraced yoga (yet). Yoginners were introduced to the practice and paired with an instructor to guide them in understanding all aspects of CorePower.
- Culinary influencers continued the CorePower Yoga story by asserting that healthy living is 50 percent healthy fuel and 50 percent fitness. With an emphasis on CorePower Yoga Culinary influencers prepared short cook books of recipes to share across their channels with dishes like “morning boost,” “the perfect snack before class,” etc.
Core Power Yoga’s influencer program was a hit. Over 45 days, 13 influencers posted 22 pieces of content across Instagram that received 25,938 engagements. During that time, average engagement rate hit 3.27 percent a 33.5 percent increase above the industry standard, and cost per engagement was $0.08, a 212 percent savings over the industry standard. Total impressions hit 869,063 and cost per impression finished at $0.01 Influencers drove 1,307 unique link clicks to sign up for a free-week of CorePower classes. Overall, ROI came in at 319 percent above spend. TURNER is still executing this program through 2018, and expect to see these numbers double (at the least) by year-end.